Monday, June 8, 2009

Turtle is Dead!

Or so I thought...

Turtle, is my overly curious and friendly hermit crab. I hadn't to filled her water dish in four or five days and JUST realized it. Soooo... I hurriedly went over to her cage really REALLY hoping she hadn't died.

The first sight I saw was exactly what I thought
was my worst nightmare... Turtle's carcass was lying there limply next to the food shell dish.

"Noooooo!!! Turtle died!" I cried out to my father, and begged him to take care of it.

"No way," my dad said and told me to take care of it.


With great dismay, I did just that. I looked really closely at the nasty limp hermit crab carcass and thought it might be a good idea to double check her usual shell (just in case). I picked it up and was overjoyed to find a freshly molted hermit crab, still pink and soft!

Turns out she wasn't dead after all, despite my carelessness!!! Hopefully she will forgive me.


She's as cute as ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment